This quote, by Washington Irving, perfectly sums up the idea behind the BC Craft Brewers Conference, slated for October 19th, at the Croatian Cultural Centre. Bookended by two other important and amazing events to highlight BC Craft Beer Month, the BC Craft Brewers Guild AGM, and the BC Beer Awards and Festival, this is an amazing opportunity to learn about, enjoy, and talk about the fruits of the labour of this industry.
This day-long event (9:00 AM – 6:00 PM) is geared to all beer lovers, and not just industry folk, and is definitely an amazing opportunity to learn not just about the business of beer, but gain an insight into what it takes for your favourite brewery to go from beer’s basic ingredients to the glass in front of you, all while rubbing elbows with the people who bring it to you. If you’re looking for more information as to what to expect, I have listed the seminars that you can expect to learn from as well as the breakout sessions and tastings available.
The other amazing thing that goes along with the tickets, is the official after party – BEERED SCIENCE at Science World, presented by Direct Tap. Going from 7:00 – 11:00 PM. Mark Woodyard will be DJing, while guests can interact with the science installations and enjoy great BC Craft Beer. Once factored in that a ticket to the conference includes a ticket to the after party, it’s hard to believe what a great deal it is, and unbelievably, that deal gets even better with the early bird pricing.
Early Bird Tickets are available until September 30th and are priced at $99 for Guild Members and $149 for Non-Members. If you’re slow on the trigger, it’s still just $129 for Guild Members and $179 for Non-Members. It includes a continental breakfast, lunch, beers throughout the day, and great networking and trade show opportunities, and the included ticket to the afterparty comes with three 12 oz beers.
For tickets and more information, go to https://bccraftbeer.zohobackstage.com/BCCraftBrewersConference, but don’t delay, as a deal like this won’t last long and tickets are sure to disappear quickly.
- Opening KEYNOTE – Insights and Updates: Doing Business with BCLDB and BCLCRB. Sairose Fisher Director of Wholesale Supply Chain, Dmitry Batishchev Category Manager, Vince Cournoyer Senior Policy and Legislative Analyst. PANEL
- Yeast Management in the Brewhouse. Presented by Owen and Casey Helwig of Imperial Yeast
- Brewing up Safety! Presented by Alanna McBride, Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Professional
- Trademark and Branding Dos and Don’ts. Carlos Mendes (RBS Law) moderating with Hired Guns Creative and an industry Marketer. PANEL
- 100 % Hindsight – What I would do differently now that I know... Gary Lindsay, Driftwood, Adam or Dan of Moody Ales, Darren Hollett of House of Funk. PANEL
- All Things Brewery Insurance. Presented by Matt Arruda of Capri/CMW Insurance Services Ltd
- “Craft Brewing Social Media: Document … Don’t Create” Presented by Jorden Foss of Steel & Oak, Josh Vanderheide of Field House and Marissa Mills of Parallel 49. PANEL
- BC Ale Trail – Discover the power of BC Craft Beer’s biggest tourism marketing campaign and its impact on your business. Melanie Ransome Project Manager, Paul Kamon Project Administrator, Kim Hood Manager of Marketing Co-op Services. PANEL
- Let’s go Hazy – The Dos and Don’ts of Hazy beers. Top hazy brewers. PANEL
- How to Survive an Audit with Worksafe (Jose Barranco) CRA, ( Kristian Hui) and BCLCLB manufacturing (Randy Brown). PANEL
- Econse – Water Purification Systems – water treatment solutions and more. PANEL
- Closing KEYNOTE – The State of the Craft Brewing Market in North America. Presented by Bart Watson, Chief Economist for the Brewers Association
- Experimental Hop Beer Sensory Analysis. Presented by Dwayne Stewart, BC Hop Co. Breakout
- RBC/BDC Finance – Overview of services and opportunities for businesses of all sizes. Breakout
- Getting Toasted: A Barrel’s Story. Presented by Squarrel Barrels and East Van Brewing. Tasting