So everyone is primed after day one, and ready for more, and Saturday has a few more tricks up its sleeve. With everything from honouring a legend to big woody barrel-aged beers, day two has always been when the marathon efforts kick in.
Day one was a toe-dip in the water compared to day two’s beer list, and if you look below, you’ll see exactly what I’m talking about. Ile Sauvage is bringing nine (yes, nine) beers for All About the Wood, Driftwood is launching their new Wheat Wine, and the list goes on and on…
So don’t delay, as there are somehow a few tickets left for tonight’s event.
Beer School: Greg Evans Memorial Beer Walk
Venue: Begins and ends at Swans Brewpub
Time: 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM, and 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Tickets: Ticket Rocket (Note: There are separate tickets for the 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM session)
- Auditory Headphone System to hear the tour guide
- Informative walking tour
- One pint of Swans beer at the end of the tour
Street Eats Brewery Tour I
Venue: All around Victoria
Time: 4:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Tickets: Sold Out!
- 9 drink tickets: 3 x 4 oz tasters at each stop
- 3 food tickets: 1 to be used at the food truck at each stop
- Beer infused ice cream dessert
- Brew bus transportation to all breweries
- A VBW branded souvenir glass
- Phillips Brewing & Malting Co.
- Île Sauvage Brewing Co.
- Whistle Buoy Brewing Company
- Hoyne Brewing Company
- Lighthouse Brewing Company
All About the Wood
Venue: Victoria Public Market
Time: 7:30 PM to10:30 PM
Tickets: Ticket Rocket
- 6 x 4oz servings of beer
- 2 x food tickets
- 1 VBW branded glass sample
• Knotty Boy Oaked Pale Ale 5%
• Bourbon Barrel-Aged Passion Fruit Ale 5%
• Gin Barrel-Aged Pilsner
• Entropy Series No. 11: Whiskey Sour 5%
• Entropy Series No. 12: Old Bretts 6%
• Entropy Series No. 13: Apricot Sour 7%
• Singularity 2020 Russian Imperial Stout 10%
• Eccentricity Wheat Wine 11.5%
Field House Brewing Co.
• Sour Noir 7.2%
• Sour Noir w/ Cocoa 7.2%
• Sour Noir w/ Pinot Noir 7.2%
• Wander Brewing Collaboration Beer 6.3%
• Flanders Red (Anniversary Addition) 7%
Four Winds Brewing Company
• Operis Brett Saison 7%
• Norwood Barrel-Fermented Dry-Hopped Farmhouse Ale 6%
• Cherryoperis – Brett Saison w/ Cherries 7.3%
• Bosque – Tart Farmhouse Ale Aged on Spanish Cedar & Grannysmith Apples 6.5%
• Bramble – Tart Rye Ale w/ Blackberries 6.8%
île Sauvage Brewing Co.
• Ravine (Blended Saison w/ Alberta Rose Hips & Lemon Balm) 6%
• Loral (blend of barrel-aged saison & fresh saison w/ loral hops) 6%
• Au Courant (dark sour w/ black currants) 6.8%
• Passion (barrel-aged golden sour w/ passionfruit & ginger) 5.3%
• Flamand (barrel-aged sour red) 6.4%
• A La Mode (barrel-aged golden sour w/ peaches & cinnamon) 5.7%
• Feu Vert (barrel-aged golden sour w/ kiwis & lime zest) 5.3%
• Pinot (golden sour w/ pinot noir)
• Ortega (golden sour w/ ortega)
Russell Brewing Company
• Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout 8.5%
• Brett Saison Aged in Red Wine Barrels 7.5%
• ‘Still’ Spontaneously Barrel Fermented Lambic
Strange Fellows Brewing
• Nocturnum Galactica – Barrel Aged Dark Brett I.P.A 7%
• Lutin – Barrel Aged Wild Ale 6%
• Illustrom – Barrel Aged Brut IPA 6.5%
• Breakfast with Boris – Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout w/ Coffee and Chocolate 9%
Twa Dogs Brewery
• Parting Kiss Bourbon Barrel Ale 7%
• Scrumpy 11%
• Butter Chicken or Vegan “Butter Chicken” Curry over a bowl of cassava fries.
Victoria Pie Co
• Smoked paprika and three cheese Mini Hand Pie.
• Ham, caramelized onion and swiss Mini Hand Pie.
• Smoked Muscovado Vanilla Ice Cream Mini Hand Pie.
The Very Good Butchers
• Bangers N Mash – British Banger, spruce tip smoked mash, onion gravy.